After looking at all the research I had collected, I have learnt some important things that I need to take into account when planing my production.
The majority of people I questioned said that music was a very important part of a trailer so this needs to be something we really think about when deciding on the music to use for our trailer.
I also questioned people on the pace they thought a trailer should be at, by a small amount people said that they preffered trailers to be quicker paced. This is important as we want to ensure that we get the pace of our trailer right, personally I feel that teaser trailers are very effective slow or quickly paced.
I have also discovered that peoples favourite genre for a teaser trailer/film was of the horror genre. This good for me as I had already been wanting to make a horror trailer!
Another important thing I have learnt from my research is that people prefer the length of the teaser trailer to be about 30 seconds long, hopefully we will be able to make our relatively short but it may be longer than 30 seconds.
From looking at various different trailers, magazine covers and posters, I have been able to see whta they use and what the conventions are of these products. For the trailers I have noticed that the music is very important, it fits what is going on on the screen perfectly and it the key factor that creates the tension aspect. I have also noticed that the clips they show are very short, only giving away tiny pieces of the film, sometimes so the plot is hard to reveal. From looking at the magazine covers I have noticed that the main character from a film is often used as the image on the front cover. I have also noticed that the colour of the fonts they use is very important as you need to use colours that stand out so it catches your attention. From looking at the movie posters I have found that most posters use a very effective tagline and just include the dat the movie is released. They also tend to have the killer on them if they are advertsing for a horror film.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment